- Double Gold at the 2020 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- 92 Points, Gold at the 2019 OC Fair Commercial Wine Competition
- 91 Points, Gold at the 2019 Sunset International Wine Competition
- 90 Points, Gold at the 2020 American Fine Wine Competition
- Double Gold, Best in Class at the 2019 New Orleans International Wine Competition
- Gold at the 2019 Denver International Wine Competition
- Gold at the 2020 Rodeo Uncorked! International Wine Competition in Houston
Fresh notes of green apple and flinty sea-stone. Medium bodied, well balanced with an elegant fruitful finish.
We feel Albariño grows exceedingly well in Lodi. We get a bit more floral character from our warm days and cool nights and rich soil than what Spain seems to get out of the Rias Baixas region. The grapes that went into our 2017 vintage came from three small vineyards, all within the Lodi Appellation. One is from our estate grown vineyard off to the northeast of our tasting room and is in the Mokelumne river Sub AVA. Next we have Catherine’s vineyard, farmed by Jonathan Wetmore. It’s located off of Peltier road, in the Jahant Sub AVA, it’s a beautiful boutique, young vineyard on a vertical shoot position trellis system. We took the entirety of the fruit from that vineyard. The third vineyard is grown by Ron Silva, another young, small vineyard in the Alta Mesa sub AVA with quadrilateral trellis system. We also took the entirety of the fruit from that vineyard as well. All three vineyards were sustainably farmed, certified green under Lodi Rules.
With all three vineyards, the grapes were hand-picked in the morning and after being brought into the winery, they were gently whole cluster pressed to a temperature controlled stainless steel tank. Later, the juice was racked and fermented cold in a stainless steel tank. After a long cool fermentation, the wine was aged on light lees in stainless steel drums. Prior to bottling it was gently racked and filtered, then held cold until it could be finished for an early bottling to maintain freshness and liveliness.