- 94 Points, Gold - 2019 Jerry D Mead’s New World International Wine Competition
- Gold - 2019 New York International Wine Competition
- 90 Points Gold - 2019 Toast of the Coast Wine Competition
- Best Wine of the Year by Package, 90 Points, Gold - 2018 USA Wine Ratings Competition
- 90 Points, Gold - 2019 Los Angeles International Wine Competition
- Gold - 2019 SAKURA Japan Women’s Wine Awards
- Gold - 2018 Denver International Wine Competition
Deep and dark in color, this wine is full of eucalyptus and black tea aromas. Full bodied, the aromas are echoed on the palate, and completed by hints of raspberry and dark chocolate. This wine has a bold mouth-feel and textured finish.
These Cabernet Sauvignon grapes come from 3 small vineyards. Our estate vineyard (Mokelumne River AVA), the Rootstock Vineyard (Clements Hills AVA) and the Forest Lake Vineyard (Jahant AVA).
Grapes were hand-picked in the morning and gently sorted and transferred to a temperature controlled stainless steel tank for cold soak. Must was inoculated and fermentation was done with regular timed pump overs. Aged in oak barrels, approximately 29% new. Both American & French oak barrels were used. Other varietals blended in are Petite Sirah and Petit Verdot.