- 96 Points - Double Gold at the 2019 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 95 Points - Platinum at the 2020 Winemaker’s Challenge International Wine Competition
- 93 Points - Wine Enthusiast
- 93 Points - Gold at the Beverage Tasting Institute
- 93 Points - Gold at the 2020 Las Vegas Global Wine Awards
- 92 Points - Gold at the 2020 San Diego International Wine & Spirits Challenge
Lodi (Mokelumne River)
This deep ruby colored Malbec is overflowing with aromas of sweet plums and raspberry tart. It has a smooth floral mouthfeel and a lively finish.
96 Point, Double Gold at the 2019 San Francisco International Wine Competition
Estate Vineyard to the west of our tasting room and production facility. Bilateral cordon trained into vertical shoot position (VSP). Clone 3 on 5BB rootstock. Planted in 2014, the vines are young and full of energy. Pruning and shoot thinning were done to keep cluster counts in balance, leaves were pulled on the north side of the vine as the rows oriented east to west. 2017 was the first vintage we harvested fruit from this vineyard.
Grapes were hand-picked (at 25.5 Brix average) in the morning on October 1st, 2018 and gently sorted and transferred to a temperature controlled stainless steel tank for cold soak. Fermentation was managed with regular punch downs or pump overs. Aged in oak barrels (approximately 35% new French & American oak). There is also a very small amount of Petite Sirah as well (just around 2%).